Raspberry muffins or very berry muffins, these are perfectly light, fluffy and very tasty! You must have seen these bakery style muffins in any bakeshop or Starbucks. They are called ‘very bery muffins’ here in starbucks Turkey and they are very delicious.
When you can make it at home, why to pay 10 times more when it is even 10 times better?
I filled them with a cream filling which can be found down in the recipe as well.
You can of course skip this part if you’d like to and use the same recipe for without cream version raspberry muffins.
They will turn out as good as these.
- When i make bakery style muffins, i usually use two scoop for each muffin so they get bigger while baking and looks prettier. 2 scoops are called Jumbo sizes and need longer baking time.
- You need to coat the raspberries with flour&sugar, especially flour, right after you takem them out of the fridge to avoid them sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
Cream cheese filled Raspberry Muffin Recipe
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 125g soft butter
- 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cups of sour cream/yogurt
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 lemon juice (4 tbsps)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 100g frozen raspberries
- Cream cheese filling:
- 120g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp powder sugar
- 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Start off by whisking soft butter and sugar with a mixer until light and creamy,
- Add eggs one at a time and continue whisking by adding all wet ingredients,
- Mix and sift dry ingredients and slowly combine all together,
- In a seperate bowl, add raspberries and toss a tablespoon of flour on, this will avoid raspberries from sinking in the batter,
- If you want bakery style jumbo size muffins, add 2 scoops of batter into your tin and add about a half spoon of the cream cheese filling in the mittle of each muffin by using your piping bag.
- If you want to make small muffins, you can only add one scoop and reduce the amount of cream cheese filling.
- Bake at 180C for about 30-35 minutes if you made jumbo size muffins, if not around 25 minutes.
- Let them cool for about 40 minutes before serving.
Let me know if you try the recipe! I would love to know how it turned out!