Okay, I tried the famous fluffy-Japanese-pancakes so many times and finally I can give you the tips to make real fluffy ones. Because not every time we got that fluff.
It is not difficult but it takes time to make your pancakes look pretty. So first, make sure you heated your pan in advance to medium heat and you are using a non-stick pan.
I recommend whisking egg whites as your last step before combining the mixtures to avoid it getting liquid, and make sure you whisk it enough until a stiff peak form.
Every time you place one scoop into the pan with a drizzle of water, wait three minutes, then add another scoop, drizzle water and wait another 3 minutes before flipping them. If you think the fluff is not enough and the bottom of your pancakes aren’t burning then you can add the third scoop. After the last three minutes, flip them around and cook for another 3-4 minutes and you’re done.
They will lose their fluff a little bit before serving but don’t worry, they will still look pretty. 😍
Fluffy Japanese Style Soufflé Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk (15ml)
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour (30g)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (25gr)
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 lemon zest
- Pinch of salt
- Seperate the egg yolks and whites, mix all the other ingredients with egg yolks until smooth.
- Whisk the egg whites with pinch of salt until stiff peak form.
- Slowly add white eggs into the egg yolks mixture and don't overmix, otherwise it will get liquesce.
- Heat your pan on medium level.
- Take a scoop of a batter and place on to the non-sticky pan. Add drizzle of water, add lid on your pan and let it cook for three minutes.
- Add another scoop on top your pancakes, drizzle water, cover with lid and cook another three minutes.
- If your pancakes aren't as fluffy as you want and bottoms aren't burnt, add another scoop on top of them and repeat the process.
- Flip them around and cook the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
- You can serve them with cream, butter, powder sugar, or any vegetables you like, enjoy! ☺️