Lemon is such an amazing fruit! Isn’t it? It goes with almost everything, sweets, sours, drinks… And believe me, i put it in almost everything.
I don’t know why it took me so long to make lemon curd, because it is amazing!
Since i made it, i ate it with yogurt, granolas, desserts and on toasted bread. It is really good in breakfasts.
It is really easy and takes only about 10 minutes to make it.
What you need to make lemon curd?
How to make Lemon Curd
Lemon curd has super rich lemon flavor and can be used as dessert topping, with yogurt or on toasted bread. It takes only 10 minutes to make!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cups lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 80g butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks and an egg well at first.
- Add sugar and whisk it, then add in all the other ingredients except of vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and butter.
- Pour the mixture in to a medium sauce pan, and cook on low-medium heat.
- Keep whisking the mixture while cooking as whisking prevents the egg yolks from curdling.
- Whisk it still when it comes to a boil until the mixture thickens.
- It takes around 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat, add the vanilla extract and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a jar or a container and cover lemon curd with plastic wrap and let it chill.
- Use it as spread or topping on a dessert, enjoy!