This mac & cheese is super flavorful, very rich and crunchy on the outside.
I have tried many different, mostly classic Mac&cheese and to be honest, i am not a fan of classic Mac&cheese and it wouldn’t be my favorite choice when it comes to pasta.
However, since i tried this baked mac&cheese with extra cheese topping and crunchy panko topping, i keep dreaming about it! If you are also like me and not a big fan of classic Mac&cheese, i would recommend you to try out this version!
If you try the recipe please let me know! I love to see your remakes! 🙂
How to make the Best Baked Mac & Cheese
This is the Best Mac&Cheese i've ever eaten. You should give it a go!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 250g pasta of your choice, i used conchiglie rigate
- 600ml milk, will be heated until luke warm (2 1/2 cups)
- Seasoning the milk: 1/2 of small onion, 1 dry bayleaf, 2 Bennet
- 42g of all purpose flour (1/3 cup)
- 42g of butter (3 tablespoons)
- 240g shredded cheddar (2 cup)
- 112g shredded mozzarella (1 cup)
- 120g gruyere cheese or Turkish kashar cheese (2 cups)
- 60g panko breadcrumbs (1 cup)
- 1/2 cups of parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoon of melted butter
- 2 tablespoon of paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt, depends on your preference
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Boil pasta water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and boil pasta for 1 minute shy of al dente and drain.
- In a medium sauce pan, place onion, bayleaf and bennet and add all milk. Heat the milk, do not boil and remove the bayleaf,bennet and onion. This is to add more flavour into milk however you may not prefer to add.
- In a large pan, melt the butter, whisk in flour and continue whisking for about 1 minute over medium heat.
- Gradually add milk and whisk until it is smooth, add all cheeses except of parmesan. (Reserve cheeses of each for topping before it goes to the oven.) Mix well until cheeses are melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- In a small bowl, mix panko, parmesan, melted butter and paprika well.
- Pour the cooled pasta in cheese mixture and mix until fully corporated.
- Pour the pasta with mixture in to the ovenware (size of 27x20cm). Top it with all remaining cheeses.
- Lastly, cover the pasta with panko mixture.
- Place into the oven and bake around 30 minutes until golden brown.
- You can serve and enjoy!
Bir cevap yazın