You will be obsessed with this moist lemon loaf which is even better than Starbucks Lemon Loaf. If you are a fan of lemon desserts, this recipe is a must try and it is definitely worth it.🍋
As the spring is just around the corner, make this and enjoy it with everyone around you.
I already made this couple of times and everybody seemed very happy, and i can say; there is nobody that they won’t like this cake, except of someone particularly not liking lemon of course. 😊
The ingredients are very simple.
Ingredients you will need:
Unsalted butter, at room temperature
Vanilla extract or vanilla, any kind you have in hand
Yogurt or sour cream, i used yogurt in mine but sour cream will be perfect as well
Vegetable oil, i used sunflower oil
For Lemon syrup🍋
Lemon juice, lemons’ juice
For Lemon Icing Glaze:
Lemon juice, lemons’ juice
You need 9×5-inch (22 x 12 cm) or maximum 25 cm loaf pan.
Lemon syrup and glaze makes it super rich in lemon taste and moist. 🍋
Now the cake is cooled in the fridge and ready to be sliced!
Don’t forget, the longer it stays in the fridge the richer the taste will get!
I love making this recipe for friend and family. Let me know if you try the recipe, you can leave a comment down below or tag me on any social media! I love seeing your comments! 💕
- 90g soft unsalted butter
- 200g sugar (1 cup)
- 3 medium eggs
- 224g all-purpose flour (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 120ml yogurt or sour cream (1/2 cup)
- 60ml vegetable oil (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest (2 lemon)
- 2 lemons juice
- LEMON SYRUP 🍋:
- 50g icing sugar (1/2 cup)
- 50ml lemon juice (1/4 cup)
- LEMON ICING GLAZE:
- 200g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with sugar until it is fluffy-about 3-4 minutes with hand mixer.
- Add eggs and mix it again, then add all the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Sift all the dry ingredients and incorporate with the batter until the batter is smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and place parchment paper to a 22 x 12 cm or max 25 cm loaf pan, pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake it around 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- In a sauce pan, mix syrup ingredients and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Poke holes over the entire cake by using a toothpick and pour the syrup on while the cake is hot.
- Let the cake cool for an hour before pouring the lemon glaze.
- In a small-medium bowl, mix lemon icing glaze ingredients and pour onto the 1 hour cooled cake.
- Chill the cake in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving, overnight is preferable.
- Depending on your oven, baking time may differ from 45 minutes to 1 hour, keep an eye on your cake.
- The cake tastes a lot better when it is cooled overnight.